White & Stradley, PLLC have been serving the residents of North Carolina for many years, specializing in Workers’ Compensation cases and personal injury claims. The Workers’ Compensation attorneys at White & Stradley, PLLC know the difficulties that being out of work bring to you and your family. We want to help you get the benefits you are entitled to, and we have successfully handled many Workers’ Compensation cases, similar to yours, for injured Workers all over the state of North Carolina. We can help you, too.
One of the aspects of Workers’ Compensation law is that it requires injured Workers to follow a very strict set of steps in order to file your claim properly to collect benefits. If one part of the process is missed or a deadline is not met, you may be denied benefits. The experienced Workers’ Compensation attorneys at White & Stradley, PLLC will be by your side throughout this difficult process, and we have outlined the steps to take when attempting to collect benefits following a work place injury or illness.
- Get medical help if it’s an emergency situation.
- Report the injury to your employer. You must tell your supervisor right away. If you injury or illness developed over time gradually (e.g. carpal tunnel, hearing loss, mesothelioma), you need to report it to your boss as soon as you learn that it was caused by your job. Reporting promptly helps to prevent problems and delays in receiving the benefits you are entitled to.
- Get medical help if it’s not an emergency.
- Report the injury to your union representative.
- Fill out a claim form and give it to your employer. Your employer is required to give you a claim form within ONE working day after learning about your injury or illness. This is the form that you will use to request Workers’ Compensation benefits. You are to fill out and sign the “employee” section and the sooner you do this the better off you will be.
- After all of this, you should follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Attend any hearings you are required to attend.
The Workers’ Compensation attorneys at White & Stradley, PLLC in Winston Salem, North Carolina encourage you to contact them immediately following your work place injury to learn more about your legal rights following this injury. We have been serving clients in and near Raleigh, Greenville, Winston Salem, Charlotte, Durham, Asheville, Greensboro, and Wilmington, North Carolina for many years, and we can help you, too. If your case has merit, there will be no cost for your Workers' Compensation consultation.